Rescued dog *Pic* (Keep?)

NewHopePoultry

Crowing
12 Years
Apr 9, 2007
Troy,Missouri
I know he is a german shep mix, but dont know whats he is mixed with.
This poor guy has had a rough life. He was found as a stray and had clearly been abused. It took me weeks of working with him to get him used to people.
Well I found him the perfect home or so I thought. They had land, kids and other dogs, all of which he loves.
A few days while driving thorugh town I spotted him wondering the streets. He was very skinny. I was finally able to get him into the truck.
I called the people who were suppose to have him and thy said he killed a bunch of chickens and stuff(I dont believe it) . They said they were going to shoot him,but instead dropped him off at a campsite several miles away.
So needless to say I have him again. I feel so horrible. People make me so mad sometimes.
He is a very sweet dog, already knows sit & shake, and is housetrained and neutered.
I really didnt want to start off with a dog already this big, but I fell in love with him.

IMG_4348.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.. what scum bags.. just dropping him off like that....
Total dirt bags.
And did you call the spca on these people that just dropped him off? You really need to!

Definitely does seem like you were meant to be together.

When I found our two cats while walking my puppy, they were little kittens and scared of everything even my dog, but they followed us (me and the dog) most of the way home so I told them if they had followed us THIS far then they deserved a home!!!!

Wow, he's a lucky dog to be back with you again! Poor guy. Some people make me sick with they way they just 'throw away' their pets. My sister in law's cat had kittens 8 weeks ago and friday she drove them down a wooded road and just let them go. Little, just weaned kittens....Made me so mad when my husband told me about it. I'm not at all a cat person but I believe every animal deserves a loving home. I think you should keep him
smile.png

Im working with him on his jumping up. When he stands up, he is taller then me.
He is super sweet and smart!
my husband doesnt like big dogs, but I can tell he is warming up to him (he wont admit it though,lol)

I did call the humane society, but there was no "proof" that the dog as ever theirs. No vet records,etc.

He was sent to you - twice!

I agree! I don't think it was an accident that he ended up with you twice. What are the odds? Who knows...maybe he was sent as your protector?
So nice of you to be there for him. I worry about people, especially ones with kids, that can throw away animals. What does that teach the kids?
hmm.png

He is gorgeous! Keep Him!​

He will be the best dog you ever had, trust me. all 3 of our dogs are rescues, two of the cats, two of the horses, and heck one of the bunnies hopped up to the house when the neighbors decided it was too much work. I know it would be a bit of a drive but support dogs of St.Louis offers obedience classes they have excellent trainers and the money from the classes goes toward providing assistance dogs to people in need.

Somewhere down the road that dog will be a blessing ,you just wait and see.
As far as the Biatch with the new kittens.she needs to be reported.That was a death sentence for those kittens.The least you can do is bring it up at every family function and ask her not to have children ,ever!

Back
Top Bottom