Rescued Hens Available in Northern California

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SilverPhoenix, Jan 18, 2011.

1. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Animal Place’s Rescue Ranch has a large number of former laying hens available for adoption to good homes. These hens were rescued from farms where they lived their lives as egg-layers. We took them in instead of allowing them to be sent to slaughter, and these hens have several years of happy, healthy lives ahead of them. Most are 1-3 years old. They make excellent garden helpers and companions.

The birds are currently located in Vacaville, and they have all had health checks and are ready to go! There are multiple breeds available, mostly laying breeds like australorps, rhode island reds, barred Plymouth rocks, and more. They just want a place to live out their lives in peace! We have a suggested adoption donation of $10 per hen, but we are flexible and our primary objective is to find them good homes.

We also have a number of mixed-breed roosters available at our sanctuary in Grass Valley. These gorgeous fellows were rescued from a hoarding situation that will be featured on Animal Planet’s “Confessions: Animal Hoarding” in January. They are docile and friendly, and get along with each other. It is free to adopt one or more as long as you can offer them a happy home.

Please visit http://www.animalplace.org/ for more details. If you have any questions, feel free to call (530) 798-5115 or e-mail [email protected], or drop me a PM as I am a regular BYC user (as you may guess from my post count). [​IMG]

2. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    These were not actually caged layers--they were on free range during their egg farm days and they are quite healthy. We don't adopt out birds until we've deemed that they are truly healthy. Ours are seen by a vet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have cleaned up this auction thread. Post here if you have questions about these birds and are interested in acquiring any of them.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  4. speckledhen

Pulled in here to discuss. I'm thinking this is against our rules. Will PM her and tell her it is under discussion now.

Ok, PM sent.

5. speckledhen

Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by