Rescued ISA Browns Available in Northern California

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by SilverPhoenix, May 13, 2011.

1. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Animal Place’s Rescue Ranch, where I work, has a number (several hundred) of ISA Brown hens available for adoption to good homes. They are only one year old and very healthy. They are also friendly and easy to handle.

The birds are currently located in Vacaville (we also have a facility in Grass Valley where you can pick up the birds if preferred), and they have all had health checks, have been dewormed, and are ready to go! If adopting 1-4 hens, the adoption fee is $10 per hen, if adopting 4-11 hens the adoption fee is $7 per hen, and if adoption 12+ hens the adoption fee is $5 per hen.

We also have about a dozen mixed-breed roosters available for adoption at our sanctuary in Grass Valley. These gorgeous fellows were rescued from a hoarding situation that was featured on Animal Planet’s “Confessions: Animal Hoarding” in January. They get along great with each other and would be happy to help be guardians for your hens.

Please visit http://animalplace.org/available_poultry.html for the adoption form to fill out if you are interested in adopting. If you have any questions, feel free to call (530) 798-5115 and leave a message if I don't answer, or e-mail [email protected], or drop me a PM as I am a regular BYC user (as you may guess from my post count). [​IMG]
    Please don't press Buy It Now so the listing will continue for the full week.

(As a note, I have discussed this ad with the mods already, but if anyone has questions about the wording of this ad or its status in the rules, please let me know and we'll work it out! Not here to ruffle any feathers--just find homes for some very lovely hens with some nice chicken people. [​IMG])

2. foweler

foweler Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Chico, CA
    I picked up 2 of the ISA Browns.
    I will testify that these are some of the nicest, hardest working chickens in the business!
    Great layers and quite friendly.
    One follows me around like a puppy while working in the yard.

3. alexg

alexg Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2009
    Illinois
    i have to say... we had 16 ISA Browns and they were the nicest birds ever. timid and great layers, they were pets and would sit on our laps and purrrrr.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by