1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rescued Naked Neck/ Mixed Rooster

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Miss Lydia, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I have had the pleasure of rescuing a gentle giant, His name is Ed, He was dumped at my church about 3 months ago and after living there for almost 2 months and trying to find him a good home, I brought him home here, He has been here 3 weeks and he is just so gentle and very tall. But my game/bantam rooster is relentless on making Ed's life miserable and I have just about lived outside to try and prevent any serious injuries to Ed because of it, Ed is not a fighter and my game rooster really wants to fight him. Ed needs to go to a forever home where he can walk around with out fear of being attacked around every corner. If any one would like this gentle rooster please feel free to PM me. I can post some pics if any one is interested. Someone said he must be mixed with Speckled Sussex because of his coloring but he looks just like a Naked Neck other wise. I live in Western NC. or I would be willing to rehome my game/bantam and I even have a game/bantam hen to go with him. [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  2. Poultryboy15

Poultryboy15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 9, 2012
    Texas
    can you ship to el paso tx? 79924

3. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I'd rather not he is a big boy and I think it would be to stressful to ship. Thanks for asking though.

4. ShayBaby

ShayBaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2013
    Lucasville, OH
    Ed! I have a NN bachelor pad that he'd fit right in. Darn the miles..again! lol. I really hope you can find him a loving home. :love Or keep the sweetie and boot the bully. :p

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Wish you were closer ShayBaby, I will say that Ed is venturing out more and has 1 friend 1 of the BA's has taken a liken to him. So if he does stay maybe over time things will get better. [​IMG] It will have to be a special home that's for sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by