Rescued Poultry Please show me your pictures !

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by tiki244, Jan 15, 2009.

1. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Any poultry that you have rescued. It would be nice if you could post a picture when you first got the bird(s), a little story about them, and a current picture. At least as close as possible to this. This will just be for fun.

You may also include any harrowing experiences you have had with your own bird(s) and pictures and story and recovery.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Charlotte was a stunted standard EE in the bantam's box, nest to an open, frigid door, covered with dried poop. We brought her home and gave her some TLC and warmth and pretty soon she perked right up! Turns out she had RSS. Now she's big and beautiful, though really stupid and lays the wrong color eggs. [​IMG]

(Her chick pic is after she perked up a bit.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
  3. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Awe thank You. Very nice. And what a pretty tan egg Charlotte!! [​IMG]

What is RSS?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    I know there is more than one person on here!!!!

5. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    wuld you consider me breaking up my roosters from fighting saving them? (thy where going to fight to the death i think....)

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    you got pics and a story? then sure.

7. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I rescued 6 mallards from my friend. She decided to get duck which in a couple months she decided they weren't fun anymore.... So she dumped them in the polluted creek in our park. When I heard this I went over to the park with a box and got into the DISCUSTING water which stunk to high heaven...and chased them around until I got all 6 of them. Here is a picture the second day they arrived at my house(the 3 on the left are my 3 that I was raising.
    [​IMG]
    Here they are about 3 months after I got them. They were let go at my creek that my cabin is on. Alot cleaner than the creek by my house. I don't have an updated picture of them but they are in their adult feathers and doing great.
    [​IMG]

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    o wow they really change colors dont they? Pretty

9. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    alright well, here i go!
    My favorite rooster-Golden wings was getting attacked by a much bigger rooster, he stood no chance. i ran out there pulled the other rooster off and my poor poor little golden wings was in shreds! well at least his face anyway. [​IMG] i doctored him and kept him seperate while he heals. he is much better today and looks great!
    Befor:
    [​IMG]

after:
    [​IMG]

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Americana-chick wow it looks like he got beat up good. Poor guy. What did you use on his comb? I love the picture you took of him in the snow, very artistic touch to that. He looks very hansome.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by