Rescued Roos, need home in INDIANA THEY HAVE A HOME!! THanks everyone!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by justusnak, Mar 2, 2009.

1. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

I was contacted by a local rescue the other day....and was asked if I knew anyone who could help with a few rescues. Here is the E Mail....

I have a question for you; would you like some chickens for your farm??? Currently I have five extra roosters that I rescued from Animal Care and Control last summer. Two are red "silkie", two are "eng. game chick", and one is a Banty "brahma" rooster. If you could take one or two for your farm that would be awesome! We live on only one acre and it is not big enough for these boys. They are starting to get mean with each other. I was told that two can get along very well on a farm or more on a larger farm. sigh. The reason animal care had them is because they were seized from fighting rings. They were only chicks when they were seized so no real harm ever came to them. But, I took them because they were going to have to euth them due to space. I had hoped to be able to place them by now but it is hard to find a home for a rooster.

Anyone interested in helping these boys?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  2. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    wish i could help but i'm roo poor myself.

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Aww, I wish we didn't already have roos. I hope someone can help these poor guys out.

4. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

How much for the O.E.G.'s ?

Will you Ship?

5. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

Quote:These are "free" as they are rescues. I do not know if shipping is an option...let me talk with the person who has them..and see if I can hook you 2 up.

6. RoosterRehab97

RoosterRehab97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks very much.

7. warsawffagurl

warsawffagurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Warsaw, IN
    I'd be interested, but Im all the way up here by michigan.
    Is there a way to get them up here?

8. momof247371

momof247371 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    i live in Portland, Indiana. east central indiana. but i dont know if i could get down there to get them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by