Rescued Rooster - Needs new home IMMEDIATELY - Can anyone help?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ChickenKT, Aug 1, 2010.

1. ChickenKT

ChickenKT New Egg

Aug 1, 2010
    Cumming, GA
    I live in Cumming, GA and I rescued a sweet barred rock rooster from animal control the other day while I was there picking up a mini pig...he was so sweet, I just couldn't stand to let him be put down. He is young, comb still slightly underdeveloped and little nubs for spurs...doesn't seem to be crowing - seems to be purebred, a real ideal specimen for breeding! He's a very handsome little guy! Very mild mannered. I don't want him to go somewhere that he will be eaten or mistreated. I am looking for fellow chicken enthusiasts that just enjoy keeping them as pets or for eggs and has some extra room or at least a good space to house him while they find him the perfect home. Please let me know if you're interested!

Katie

2. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    It sounds like a nice chicken. I haven't had much luck with barred rocks but this one seems like a keeper. You can't use a bug eater at home?

3. ChickenKT

ChickenKT New Egg

Aug 1, 2010
    Cumming, GA
    I wish I could keep him, but since I moved out here from WA state my lifestyle has changed so much that I just can't permanently keep any chickens at this time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by