1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Rescued rooster to a safe forever home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by skeasom, May 23, 2019.

1. skeasom

skeasom Hatching

May 19, 2019
    I rescued this rooster from the street in Pittsburg, CA (San Francisco Bay area) three months ago. He had an injured leg from a dog attack and it's healed now. He was very young when I rescued him and became a friendly rooster. I cannot keep him because he is loud and I live in an unincorporated area. Looking for a forever home that is safe for birds and won't be eaten or dumped on the road.

Attached Files:

Loren-Michaela and DobieLover like this.
  2. BarnhartChickens98

BarnhartChickens98 Crowing

Oct 28, 2018
    Manhiem, Pennnsylvania
    Unfortunately you are in a newcastle disease area and people will probably not want to take him. Also this would be seen best in the "animals in need of rehoming" section, i will see if i can get it moved.

DobieLover likes this.
  3. RyderTheChicken

RyderTheChicken Chirping

Aug 28, 2018
    Anchorage Alaska
    Would you be willing. To ship or drive him?

4. BarnhartChickens98

BarnhartChickens98 Crowing

Oct 28, 2018
    Manhiem, Pennnsylvania
    DobieLover likes this.
  5. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Right. People have spread vND to other states by sneaking their flocks out when the quarantine order went into effect. The timing is very unfortunate for this guy. :( It would be highly irresponsible, not to mention illegal, to move him out of the quarantine zone.

BarnhartChickens98 likes this.
  6. skeasom

skeasom Hatching

May 19, 2019
    The quarantined area is in South California. Riverside county and some other counties in LA area. I am in San Francisco Bay area and my understanding is it's not quarantined. And I would never move this rooster to another state, I would not ship or deliver this rooster. I am just looking locally for a safe home for him. I did not intend to post to other states or faraway cities. I've never posted on this site before, so, I do not know how it works exactly. Maybe I just take the post of and stick to rescue groups.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    DobieLover likes this.
  7. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Then go ahead and try to rehome this guy.
    I'd post lots of nicely staged pictures of him on Craigslist and local FB poultry groups. I rehomed a nice cockerel that way.

BarnhartChickens98 likes this.
  8. skeasom

skeasom Hatching

May 19, 2019
    The quarantined area is in South California. Riverside county and some other counties in LA area. I am in San Francisco Bay area and my understanding is it's not quarantined. And I would never move this rooster to another state, I would not ship or deliver this rooster. I am just looking locally for a safe home for him. I did not intend to post to other states or faraway cities. I've never posted on this site before, so, I do not know how it works exactly. Maybe I just take the post of and stick to rescue groups.

9. skeasom

skeasom Hatching

May 19, 2019

10. skeasom

skeasom Hatching

May 19, 2019

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: