Rescued turkey hen needs a friend!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by minifarm8, Aug 17, 2008.

1. minifarm8

minifarm8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Hagerstown, MD
    Looking for a friend for our rescued turkey. I would rather have another hen for her to pal around with since she has what looks like permanent damage to her feet making mating probably not the best for her. I have no idea her age but she has laid us 2 eggs so far!

Anyone with an extra hen running around near Hagerstown, MD please contact me.

Thank you.

2. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Hi I dont have turkeys (about the only thing I dont have). But I wanted to write since you live near me... about 45 minutes away. Im north of Frederick in Taneytown.

What kind of ducks do you have??

3. minifarm8

minifarm8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Hagerstown, MD
    Hi! Nice to meet you. We are between Smithsburg and Boonsboro in Mt. Aetna area. It is fun to find people close to us. Most seem to be far away.

We have one silky duck. We bought 4 hatching eggs but only one hatched. She? is about a month old now and follows my husband around the yard. We want to get another duck or two at some point but he (DH) is enjoying the attention right now. He wants Cayuga next because of their coloring. He was hoping "Chandler" was a boy but I think it is going to be a girl.... lots of reddish brown feathers coming in.

Thanks for saying hello.

4. warsawffagurl

warsawffagurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Warsaw, IN
    My cayugas should start laying anytime soon, if you want I could send some to you. We paid $60 for our pair and they won grand champion fancy ducks at our fair.
    here is a pic of our drake:
    [​IMG]
    For the eggs all I'd ask for is shipping costs.
    I would keep some eggs for myself but we wont need any till spring time. PM me if ure interested!
    Thanks,
    Jennifer See

ETA:
    Here are pictures of my hen, Lydia.
    She's got a pure black beak and legs. Sorry about the mud, they just love making a mess of that stuff.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by