Researching

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ShellLea, Sep 25, 2012.

1. ShellLea

ShellLea Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2012
    Canton, Ohio
    Hi, brand new researcher here. I have almost no experience with chickens, other than helping the "Chicken Lady" feed hers when I was a little girl. She didn't pass on much knowledge either since her mind was going by then and she often had no idea why I was there. I have wanted chickens for eggs for years, and now I have the space for them. So here I am, reading my butt off, trying to learn what I need to know so I am ready to start in the spring.

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad to have you aboard. You have come to the right place to learn. Just beware of the chicken math and that we are enablers here. :lau

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. BrendaJ

BrendaJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    Oregon
    Hello from Oregon & welcome to BYC . Fresh eggs are the best. The people & info are amazing [​IMG]

5. ChickensRDinos

ChickensRDinos Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Hello! Welcome to chickens! Ask lots of questions. People here are very kind and helpful and love talking chickens.

6. ShellLea

ShellLea Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2012
    Canton, Ohio
    Thanks everyone! And, the chicken math is something I will definitely keep an eye on! With 5 children I'm focused on feeding the family for less, while teaching the kiddos something about where food comes from.

7. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] This is a wonderful place to learn. Check out the Learning Center for the basics and the "sticky" threads in blue on top in each section is a short cut to some very informative threads on things like hatching eggs, raising chicks, feeding chickens, medical care etc. And in the Frequently Asked Questions section you'll find some chicken related questions answered as well. Enjoy!

8. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    [​IMG]
    well if you got any questions ask away, you came to the right place :)

9. Big A Chickens

Big A Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Palmetto, Georgia
    Hi [​IMG] So glad you joined us!!!![​IMG]

10. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, ShellLea, and [​IMG]! Happy to have you as part of our community! BYC is simply the best place to research poultry information! Good luck to you! Love your avatar by the way!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by