"Reserve not met yet" Dunno if this goes here...

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by L.L Farm, May 15, 2011.

1. L.L Farm

L.L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    Maine
    Sorry if this does not belong here, wasnt sure where to post it.
    My question -
    If I bid in the hatching egg auction, and it says "Reserve is not met" and I am the highest bidder, when the auction ends would I still win, or would i not since the reserve is still not met?

2. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    L.L Farm :

Sorry if this does not belong here, wasnt sure where to post it.
    My question -
    If I bid in the hatching egg auction, and it says "Reserve is not met" and I am the highest bidder, when the auction ends would I still win, or would i not since the reserve is still not met?

If there is a Reserve, that has to be met for anyone to win. Seller set a price they wanted on the eggs. You could try contacting them to see if they will let you know what it is.​

3. L.L Farm

L.L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2010
    Maine
    Quote:If there is a Reserve, that has to be met for anyone to win. Seller set a price they wanted on the eggs. You could try contacting them to see if they will let you know what it is.

Thanks! One more question, I upped my max bid on the auction, its the 24+ BBS + Lav Orpington auction, but if no one bids on it, then what happens?

4. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Is this an auction on here? I assume this site works like others and even though your max bid is x amount, if no one bids then it will not go up from what you actually bid.

5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    If you win an auction but the reserve wasn't met, you didn't technically win it. The seller has the choice to offer it to you at the price you bid, offer it to you at their reserve or relist the auction.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by