Resp concerns with young pullet

maebell1975

In the Brooder
Jul 6, 2021
I got several chics from the feed store about a 5-6 weeks ago. I keep them inside and in a warm room. The temps here have been in the 70’s. One of the little EE pullets started wheezing and gasping. The gasp is similar to gape worm gasp and there’s lots of wheezing. She has never been outside and is kept warm. She has never been around other chickens. Just the little group she came with. Their brooder is kept clean and dry. Any suggestions on how I can help her? I’ve been giving Pet RX. Vitamin and probiotic water. I separated her from the others as soon as I noticed it. She’s my favorite out of the group. So pretty and friendly. I’d love to save her. She’s not eating or drinking now.

Can you get a video of the behavior? To upload a video, post it to Youtube or another video platform, and paste the link here.
What type of bedding are you using?
I’ll try to get it uploaded. I’m using the pine shavings for bedding

I got several chics from the feed store about a 5-6 weeks ago. I keep them inside and in a warm room. The temps here have been in the 70’s. One of the little EE pullets started wheezing and gasping. The gasp is similar to gape worm gasp and there’s lots of wheezing. She has never been outside and is kept warm. She has never been around other chickens. Just the little group she came with. Their brooder is kept clean and dry. Any suggestions on how I can help her? I’ve been giving Pet RX. Vitamin and probiotic water. I separated her from the others as soon as I noticed it. She’s my favorite out of the group. So pretty and friendly. I’d love to save her. She’s not eating or drinking now.
I’ll try to get it uploaded. I’m using the pine shavings for bedding

I think the video would play better on this site if you would post it to YouTube first, then paste the link here. Twitter is worthless, in my highfalutin opinion, and frankly is a waste of time.

Are these chicks under a heat source still? What are they in? How many of them are there and what is the size of the container or pen? What is the bedding?

Have you pried open the beak of this chick and looked in her throat? Ears? Is there any gunk in the ears or throat or nares?

What is her behavior? What does her poop look like? Is she eating?

Back
Top Bottom