Respect vs disrespect

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Black Feather, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Man, sometimes I just don't understand people.

I've had some bantams for sale and someone called and wanted to buy them, arranged a time to pick them up and then never showed up. Does this happen to other people?

I wrote them an email expressing my disappointment that they didn't show up, but worse did not let me know. So I waited around all afternoon for these people who were never going to show up, and even had the birds penned up and ready for viewing.

What give with people? I'd think it would be respectful to at least let someone know that you can't make it.

Urban Coyote

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Happens to me all the time. People just don't care about others anymore. I have gotten to the point where I will ONLY meet people when it's convenient for me.

3. chinbunny1

chinbunny1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    I used to get that all the time when I raised birds. [​IMG]

4. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Actually Urban.....think about it...they did not deserve your birds.....if they could not be bothered to turn up...bet they could not be bothered to look after them either....your girlies have had a lucky escape from the Time Wasters" !!!!!!!!!!! phew......

5. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Oh I hear ya! My rant is we have had the house up for sale since Sept. We have had 3 showings. Of the last two, one couldn't buy now because their house isn't even up for sale yet and one was an older couple taking their DS and DIL around and the father didn't tell the realtor the DIL said NO MANUFACTURED HOMES and our house is one! We bust our butts getting the house cleaned spic and span for nothing. It is so frustrating. Hello people, we are living here! I am getting so tired of them wasting our time. But I have had the same thing happen about people telling you they are going to show and they never do. It doesn't take much effort to pick up the phone. People stink!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

It seems that some people have no respect for other people's time. Bugs me. If someone makes an appointment and they are 5 minutes late I am outta there.

7. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    People just dont care about others anymore. I was taught from a very young age, that a persons word is susposed to mean something. If you tell someone you are going to do something then you do it. If something comes up and you cant, at least you can to is let the person know. I hate to wait on someone all day and they never show or call, makes me mad. Maybe I had something I wanted to do..

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Quote:Agree with your there Bsaffles......GOOD manners cost nothing... a lesson to be learnt in this modern world.....I am going to get off my soapbox quick........boy can I rant over good manners!

9. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    I've been lucky, I just finished a month of selling 40 young pullets and 6 ducks and everyone showed up and were on time too! Some even drove through some icky weather and most came from places several hours away. All were really great people and I am certain to speak to all again.

Same results over the fall when I was selling trios of black giants.

10. Black Feather

Black Feather Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    Uhg....I'm sorry to hear other people have the same issues as me.

This is the email I wrote to them:

"I just wanted to thank you very much for making an appointment to come by and pick up the bantams that you said you wanted.....and then not show up, and not have enough consideration to call and let me know that you had no intention of showing up. I took the time to pen the birds up for you and wait around all afternoon and not go visit my friends and not take the dog for a walk just in case you decided to drop by after all.

Again, thanks a lot for the complete lack of respect and consideration of the arrangements you made. "

To me their actions speak of lack of education, disrespect and probably a broken household. People like this fit a certain mold I find and it;s usually not a good one.

English Chick: Right on! That's why I always ask a price for my birds. People do not appreciate something when it's cheap, so I always ask a fair price.

Urban Coyote

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by