Respiratory illness

Cookie89

Hatching
May 15, 2015
Hi, I have 8 chickens that have a respiratory illness. Their symptoms are snotty nostrils, dirrhea, very red eyes, rattling breathing. I had one of my older hens die this week from it. I have Injectible duramycin 72-200. Can this be given orally instead of injection? Also can they have oxytertracycline powder in their drinking water along with the Injectible Duramycin?

It would be best to cull your sick birds, disinfect feeders/waterers, inside the coop etc... Then wait at least six months to repopulate.
Birds that survive respiratory diseases are carriers for life and will spread the diseases to other birds especially in times of stress, some diseases are passed through eggs. These diseases can be transmitted on clothing, hands, shoes, vehicle tires, bird to bird contact directly or indirectly etc...infecting healthy birds. Birds dont eat nor drink as normal and egg production slows or stops. Medications mask the symptoms and dont eliminate the diseases, not to mention withdrawal periods.

Back
Top Bottom