Respiratory infection

sammbowden

Hatching
Jan 24, 2022
Hi all,
I have a full-grown Ameraucana. She does have a respiratory infection, she is wheezing and sneezing. My vet does not treat chickens but told me if I can find antibiotics he will sign off on what I find.
I am looking at two different antibiotics to order from and looking for some guidance.
Tylan compounded 25mg - capsule... how would you administer that to one chicken?
Tetracycline 250 Mg/ml Liquid 15 Ml... how would you administer that to one chicken?

Thanks everyone!

I have never heard of Tylan coming in a capsule. I have only seen Tylan 50 or 200 injectable, which can be given orally, or Tylan/Tylosin powder for the water. I have only seen injectable oxytetracycline 72-200 in feed stires. Either of those can treat mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG.) i would rather use Tylan or Tylosin. Can you post a picture of what products you have seen? Where are you located?

I have never heard of Tylan coming in a capsule. I have only seen Tylan 50 or 200 injectable, which can be given orally, or Tylan/Tylosin powder for the water. I have only seen injectable oxytetracycline 72-200 in feed stires. Either of those can treat mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG.) i would rather use Tylan or Tylosin. Can you post a picture of what products you have seen? Where are you located?
i am located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, we do have TSC near us if there is something you suggest I can buy from their.

Attachments

• IMG_7443.jpeg
    IMG_7443.jpeg
    673.9 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom