Respiratory Issues

teampao

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 24, 2014
My established flock has succumbed to a respiratory sickness. At first I thought it was coccidiosis from a new batch of chicks I bought about a month ago. The chicks have been separated from the rest of the flock, but a couple of my hens hopped in their pen and I thought brought it to the adult side. I treated with Corrid for 2 days for the adult hens. But a couple days ago 2 hens started sneezing or coughing. Now today, 6 chickens are sick with respiratory distress. I have oxytet powder I can put in their water, but some of the sick chickens aren't drinking. I also have LA200 and Lincomycin 300 in injection form. I was thinking of giving the LA200 to the non drinking sick hens, but also wanted to give antibiotics to the rest of the flock just in case. Could I do the LA200 to the sickest chickens and also put the oxytet in the water for the rest? Unfortunantely, I don't have the ability to separate all those chickens. I didn't know about some birds getting two different antibiotics.

Next questions is the chicks (12 weeks old) appear to have coccidiosis and I have treated them with Corrid, but it doesnt seem to have cleared it up. Can I continue to give Corrid or should I try something else?

Thank you!

I'm sorry your babies are sick! I can tell you my vet had me treat with corid for 5-7 days. And sometimes I'll do a maintenance because It's in my yard ... somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom