Respiratory

chickenstock

Hatching
Oct 10, 2016
Hello to everyone. I have a flock of chickens, geese,Guinness, and ducks. They all free roam in my backyard and I've noticed that some of the chickens have got a respiratory infection. I got some antibiotics and plan on treating the flock of chickens. My question is do I need to treat the ducks, geese, and Guinness too

You should try to find out what disease is going on by getting a couple of the chickens tested locally by your county extension agent or state vet. Some diseases, such as mycoplasma or MG can affect different species. Only bacterial or mycoplasmal diseases will respond to antibiotics such as tetracyclines or Tylan. Those antibiotics will only be available at feedstores without a vet's prescription until the end of this year. So best to know what you are dealing with first, and go from there. Closing your flock to new birds should be done to control the spread of disease.

Hello to everyone. I have a flock of chickens, geese,Guinness, and ducks. They all free roam in my backyard and I've noticed that some of the chickens have got a respiratory infection. I got some antibiotics and plan on treating the flock of chickens. My question is do I need to treat the ducks, geese, and Guinness too
Welcome to BYC!

Can you take a sick one to the vet?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom