1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

response to the worst christmas present ever

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Nov 22, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    So in the worst christmas present ever thread so many people go back every year to continue to get the junk end of the stick and get mistreated and not cared for my their inlaws and other family..

I am tired of it and dont want to do it any more... just wondering what everyone else did to get out of going over to their house for christmas.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  2. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    Actually what happened to me this year is the opposite. I am having a non - verbal disagreement with my parents over my oldest son and the fact the my father is an abusive @#@#! So I am now going to do all my holidays at my in laws. I'm hoping that things will go okay. My DH's side of the family is alot closer then mine has ever been. Everyone gets together at even the slightest excuse. Also my MIL and I are closer becasue she figured out that my BIL is a piece of @#*@#. So I hope this year will be better. Although I ma a little scared because my DH told me yesterday that he knows what his mom got me. I hope its something I'll like [​IMG]
    It's a 50/50 chance

3. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    Worst Ever????? Door Knobs. Yeah,,,but still in the package. Who thinks of these things,,,, I mean,,, do you walk around Home Depot,, lookin at this,,,,lookin at that,,,and say "Hey",,,this is it!!! A perfect gift for Tina,,,,She sure could use 'door knobs'. Like,,,doesn't my house have door knobs on every door??? How personal of a gift is door knobs anyway......just give me a gift card,,,,, I'll pick out my own door knobs,,,,I mean ,,,,, nothin says Merry Christmas like bright shinny door knobs,,,,,,,, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. chiknwhisperer

chiknwhisperer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2008
    Lowell, IN
    [​IMG] sorry but thats to funny [​IMG]

5. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Well..... I got a whopping bad case of food poisoning at my relative's house one year for x-mas, and have not been back since. [​IMG]

So you could try poisoning?

6. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    Funny as,,,,me opening the package,,,,everyone watching,,,and I'm suppose to be what,,,,happy??? Excited?? Huh,,,,I had no words,,,,I mean,,,it's nice to be thought of,,,and at least I had a present and all,,, but,,,,,, hey they looked nice and 'shinny' reflected in the Christmas tree lights right?? door knobs,,,,,you'll never forget that one as long as you live,,,plus its a gift that keeps on giving,,,I mean,,,,I still have them in my closet and it was like years ago I got them,,,, remember that,,,,,,important I think,,, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. skyfires

skyfires Trying to hide

Jul 19, 2008
    The Ozarks of Arkansas
    Food poisoning,,,yep yet another gift that keeps on giving,,,, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    I keep telling him that I wont be within 100 yards of that woman and he keeps giving him the grandkids soccer game schedules.. so I dont go.. I guess he can go and sit with her..

9. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Go on vacation, far, far away during Christmas vacation. [​IMG] Then make the excuse that you'll be out of town.

10. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    Quote:The year after my father died my mother was feeling adrift and everyone was scrambling to figure out what to do to make a new tradition. She wasn't prepared for all of that.

At Thanksgiving we ended up talking about it and we decided to run away from home. We went to Bermuda and had a good time and spent the next month showing off our pictures.

The trip wasn't really great, we were both still sad, but it was away and we gave the family a chance to think through the new traditions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by