Rest in peace Coccolina

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebecca10782, Jun 30, 2008.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Coccolina just past away a couple of days ago. She was the sweetest little creature. Now she is burried under the tree in the backyard.
    This her and her boy, Lucifer.
    [​IMG]
    I love you Cocco [​IMG]

2. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

I am so sorry for your loss. :aww

3. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    sorry about Cocco. She sure was a pretty bird!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    So sorry. [​IMG]

5. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Thank you everyone [​IMG] I think the only people who understand my mourning a chicken, are the people on this website. It was so sweet, when I was sitting, holding her body in a towel; the 8 year old son of our backyard tenants asked if she is in heaven [​IMG] His mother told him "Yes, she is up in heaven running around happily". Kids are so sweet :aww

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    "His eye is on the sparrow" so you know He has your chicken in His loving arms. The lion and the lamb will lay down together, so you can imagine what a joy it is for your bird to be free-ranging across the endless meadows of heaven without fear.

7. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG] Now I'm sobbing. Thank you [​IMG]

8. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    I am so sorry! What happened to her? I feel for you because I am so attached to one of my Silkie hens and I know I should not let this happen, but I just can't help myself.......[​IMG]

9. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so sorry. :aww [​IMG] :aww

10. rebecca10782

Apr 24, 2008
    Quote:Thank you. I don't know what happened. My dad said she looked cold that morning (I don't live with my parents, or I would have rushed her to the vet right away) and he put her in the coupe with a heat lamp. When I got there she was gone. I picked her up, wrapped her in a towel, cried for a few hours and burried her. Everyone keeps telling me that chickens get so many diseases, I should not get attached.My dad tells me I can't get so upset over these things. But I refuse to be jaded and cold. I am extremely emotional and get attached very quickly. We even had a newborn kitten that was sick and I spent days trying to keep it alive and when he died, I sat holding him and cried for hours. I just cannot stand to see any creature suffer. I know that is my gift, my compassion. I keep telling my mom I wish I had a heart of stone, so I don't have to go through this with every animal. But I guess as the saying goes "It is better to have loved and lost, then to have never loved at all".

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by