Rest In Peace Gurgles..<3

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by roostersandhens, Dec 8, 2014.

1. [​IMG]

This is Gurgles story:
    Gurgles was born into an egg farm. She spent two years in a small cage that she couldn't escape.
    When she turned two, the farmer didn't want her. Instead of sending her and some of her sisters to slaughter,
    we asked if we could take them. They agreed, so we took Gurgles and 14 of her friends home, which is also
    Happy Hen Chicken Rescue.

Today, sweet Gurgles passed away.. She was seriously ill, and I don't think there was anything we
    could have done for her, other than love her until the last breath.

Gurgles was smart, curious, unique, funny, friendly, caring, and amazing.

I will always miss her.. And I will never forget her. She was one of the best hens
    I have ever met. She was such an inspiring gal. The way she put the horrors of
    her past behind her, and anticipated the future!

Rest in Peace dear Gurgles! <3

(Gurgles' dear friend Piper is now very sad :( So, so, so sorry for your loss Piper!
    After Piper lost her best friend today, she was given a yogurt treat to make her feel better.)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Sorry for the loss of Gurgles. [​IMG] I'm sure the last part of her life was better than the first part and she had the comfort of being with you.

3. RogerTheChicken

RogerTheChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2014
    Aww so sorry for gurgles loss, had a similar thing happen to one of my roosters

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    I'm so sorry, roostersandhens!! Never easy to lose a loved pet! I also am very sorry for Piper!! I can't imagine how much loss she is at! Be sure to give her extra hugs![​IMG]

5. familyfarm1

familyfarm1 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 9, 2013
    Northern Virginia
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I'm so sorry about your loss of Gurgles [​IMG] she looks like a real sweetheart.

7. Thanks everyone.

8. Garjzla

Garjzla Overrun With Chickens

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    I'm incredibly sorry for your loss, Zoe. But you made her life worth living, and she can never be harmed now. You were the one who saved her, you were true to her. If it weren't for you she would've died before she ever got to see the light and breathe fresh air that cleaned her lungs, thanks for you, a committed vegan, she lived. Before she might as well be dead, but you made her life something.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by