Rest In Peace, Liz- Lemon

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by PepsNick, Sep 23, 2010.

1. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    My BO pullet Liz-lemon just was found dead in a nest box. She's been limping and refusing to eat. No one on byc could help so I di my best! She wouldn't eat or drink. She was least in the pecking order and I feel horrible. That little girly didn't deserve to die! :'( D': gosh, this is my fourth dead chicken since march. 2 got cocci, one eaten by a dog, and now this. I just feel so guilty and I don't know what I an doing wrong.

2. WIChookchick

WIChookchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2010
    Rural Brooklyn, WI
    {{hugs}} I know what you mean, we have lost a few over the year, most were my niece's choice hens and her little frizzle rooster.
    Its hard, but you know they are pecking at crumbs in heaven!!
    [​IMG]

3. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Thank you so much. I probably won't be getting any mire this year., but I have a pretty big spring wish list.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    How sad! Sorry for your loss.

5. Suzie

Suzie Overrun With Chickens

Jul 9, 2009
    Auvergne
    so sorry to hear about Liz-Lemon, sometimes nobody can give advice and it is so sad to feel helpless when we lose one of our babies, you did all that you could to help her - be sad but also be thankful that at least she was YOURS and you gave her all the love you could!

Suzie
    [​IMG]

6. PepsNick

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    That's a good idea! Thank you. She looked like she was sleeping when she was dead

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by