Rest In Peace September; One of our girls died today

Chick_a_dee

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Peterborough, ON
We're not sure how she died, but it happened at about 7:20PM tonight. We suspect that she died either while being transported between the run and the brooder (the coop is a matter of days away from being finished), probably trampled by the others in the tote box we use, which my brother always overloads instead of taking them in in 3's, he tries to bring them in all together. The other way is embaressing, my brother has ADHD, and his one chore has been to bring the girls in and out, and today in some fit of brainlessness he decided to pick one up by the tail feathers, We suspect this is more likely the cause of death, something happened to her in those moments when he picked her up. He is now forbidden from touching, going near, feeding, etc. the girls -- this is the end of his connection with the chickens.

Only a few of the girls had names, but we decided to name her September after the month, and have buried her next to one of the posts that holds a bird house within eyesight of the coop, Her cross will go up tomorrow, and the coop has been dedicated to her. They've become a part of our family, and her death is a blow.

Quote:
Unfortunately, we don't trust him anymore, and until he grows up a bit more he's going to be far away from them, he can still get eggs from the coop when they're laying though, as it doesn't require him to go inside at all.

Sorry for your loss.

Everyone makes mistakes, even those with ADHD.

Peace comes when forgiveness and mercy are plentiful.

Quote:
love.gif
I AM SO SORRY

Back
Top Bottom