Rest in peace Shell 🕊️💖

Loverforallanimals

In the Brooder
Apr 10, 2022
I found my baby pigeon on the floor in her coop beaten by other pigeons. Her mom and dad won't feed her so I've been hand feeding her over 2 months now. She is now at the point where all of her baby feathers are gone and has feathers. Her injuries have all healed by now and she is growing some feathers in some places although I've noticed some health problems going on with her. Her tongue is sticking out on the left side, it looks kinda dried.
For a second I thought it was her feed stuck on her tongue but I don't think there's anything stuck on her tongue.

I NEED help with her sticking out tongue
😭✋🏼

Is it a health problem? Or disease?
I really need to know.

Here's a pic of her tongue? I still don't think it's her to tongue? Is it? Or no?
IMG_20220410_182909~2.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for welcoming me here, I had to come join because she is SO important to me. She is such an emotion supporting animal to me. My dad raises a whole lots of them and this one was completely injured so I had to take the part of stepping my responsibilities for my dad and so I make sure I'm 100% always there for her. Her name is Shell. Since she is so strong and beautiful ❤️
I've taken care of baby pigeons before but this one has been a more challenging one so far. I think it could be a canker in her mouth. Is there any medicine or treatment she can take?
Also, I don't take my pigeons to vets so I try my best to find alternative ways to help her since I don't like scaring my birds.

Thanks for welcoming me here, I had to come join because she is SO important to me. She is such an emotion supporting animal to me. My dad raises a whole lots of them and this one was completely injured so I had to take the part of stepping my responsibilities for my dad and so I make sure I'm 100% always there for her. Her name is Shell. Since she is so strong and beautiful ❤️
I've taken care of baby pigeons before but this one has been a more challenging one so far. I think it could be a canker in her mouth. Is there any medicine or treatment she can take?
Also, I don't take my pigeons to vets so I try my best to find alternative ways to help her since I don't like scaring my birds.
You're welcome! Pigeons are really special birds. I love her name too.
I would use this stuff to treat the canker, I've heard good things about it. https://racingpigeonsport.com/product/supplies/medication/harkers-3-in-1-soluble/

Back
Top Bottom