Rest in Peace

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebecca10782, Oct 20, 2008.

1. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Recently we lost two of of babies, Gracie and Lucifer. They were only about six months old, though I am glad to say that they had very happy lives. They were spoiled rotten with worms and given contents kisses and hugs. They were the sweetest little creatures and will be missed :aww
    Lucifer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and his baby picture
    [​IMG]
    Gracie
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and her baby pictures
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Happily dig around in the compost pile
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  2. Robin'sBrood

Robin'sBrood Flock Mistress

May 8, 2008
    North Carolina
    Awww, I'm so sorry. What happened?

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I'm sorry for your loss, and hope that in time your memories of them will bring nothing but smiles and joy for the time you had them in your life.

4. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I'm so sorry. They were beautiful..looks like they had a life time of happy, funfilled days. With much love and friends.

May God give you His peace. [​IMG]

5. rebecca10782

rebecca10782 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Thank You. Gracie disapeared one day and it ended up that she was hiding from the sound of the chain saw way up in the tree. That night she was killed by something. I am not sure about the details with Lucifer, we had to rehome him a few weeks ago with a friend of my parents, he was happily free ranging on their large farm and their dog was trying to play and scratched him. My mom didn't ask for the details because Rachel (our friend) was on the verge of tears. I think it was so bad that they had to put him out of his misery. They took such great care of him. Their son played with the chickens several times a day and was so attached to him. I feel so terrible for what he is going through. It is so hard to lose pets as a child. I have such vivid mermories of crying my eyes out in my dad's arms after losing many pets. Of course it is still incredibly hard. I put off posting this because I hadn't cried yet and sure enough when I started typing I started crying my eyes out.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2008
  6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, I'm so sorry! [​IMG]

7. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    [​IMG] Im soo sorry!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by