Resting the eggs before incubation-- UPDATE--- Now need to store eggs

kupi99

Songster
10 Years
Apr 7, 2009
A mom is bring eggs from her chickens to our classroom tomorrow for us to incubate. Do we need to let them rest before putting them in the bator? They won't have been in fridge, and I asked her to gather them from her different hens that morning, and bring them. I'm planning to set them right away, and want to make sure this wont mess up anything!

Update- Ok, the mom forgot the eggs this morning, but is bringing them this afternoon. How do I store them until tomorrow morning? Our school has a fridge, can I put them in there? Also, she said she will hopefully have more eggs in the morning, can I go ahead and put them all in the incubator? What will I need to do with the eggs that have been stored overnight to make sure they're ready to go into the bator. Thanks!

Also, when I got to work this morning, my bator was running a little cold- 98.8 thereabouts (our room was a little chilly, 75. The temp in my room does not flucate more than 10 degrees, as far as I can tell.). Do I need to wait for the bator to adjust itself back up (it was in range again within 2 hours) or I can I put them if the temp is low (I know putting the eggs in the bator lowers the temp).

Thanks!

Last edited:
They are probably good to go since they are being brought to you directly. If they were shipped or weren't carefully brought to you, that's another story!

Quote:
They are good to go!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom