RestRoom facilities in a coop

countryboy

Songster
12 Years
Oct 31, 2007
does anyone have facilities in their coop? toilet, sink curtain or closet, just curious, it would make it very convent while outside doing chores or just hanging out. so if you got um lets here about it.
smile.png

gig.gif
NO...........

I have to run into the garage or onto the deck, change shoes, and run into the house...
Isn't that what everyone does?

Quote:
well I don't in the garage, but in a world where convenience is a priority you would think it is a good idea.

Our coop is in our barn and we have power and water. We've ordered a hot water heater, one of those 10L ones that plugs into a regular outlet, and we're moving the feed room to the water source and adding a sink/drain.

We've thought about adding a composting toilet to the barn but we haven't acted on that yet. The barn is over 250' from the house and it would be *nice*! No more long runs up the hill. I'm not above using a certain measuring cup for a quick squat in the feed room, but doing the other job there is unappealing. Ahem.
wink.png

If I had a restroom, then I'd "need" a wine vault, a coffee machine, and a hammock! DH would file for divorce!!!

I'd be happy enough with running water out there, and heat. We do have power though-- so that's a plus and a step in the right direction. DH is looking at wind power, and the barn will be our first target if we go that way-- if it works, we'll put in electric heating and then consider plumbing it.

Back
Top Bottom