RESULTS::::::: MRI of the brain scheduled at 11 in morning

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Momagain1, May 16, 2011.

1. Momagain1

Momagain1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    a lil freaked out...but I am praying nothing serious comes from it...

I have TONS and TONS of headaches...and suffer from migraines too...
    (yes there is a difference!) but my headaches are almost daily now...

so I'm on a headache preventative med & a migraine pill for my acute
    migraines...

but they are doing an MRI of the brain to make sure there is nothing going
    on "inside" that they dont know about...

the neurologist said she is 75% sure that there is nothing going on, that
    unfortunately I am just going to have to "suffer" the affects of headaches
    due to family history..but we are doing this to "just be safe", since I'm so young (HAHAAAaaa ehhh)

So, Those who pray; I ask for your prayers...that the test goes smoothly tomorrow...

Last edited: May 19, 2011
  2. welasharon

welasharon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2010
    North Florida
    Best of wishes to you! Sometimes it's good to rule things out.
    sharon

3. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    [​IMG] My prayers are with you. [​IMG]

When they find nothing wrong I would suggest a test for lyme disease. It presents a host of symptoms among them migraines. I've recently done a lot of research on it as I was bitten by a tick several weeks back and a week or so later ended up in hospital w/shortness of breath and strange pains in my chest (not like heart attack pains). When all the tests showed no reason for the problem I asked to see the infectious disease doc and he refused to put me on antibotics until tested and said an accurate test couldnt be done for several weeks. What hogwash, if they treat before it hits the central nervous system then nothing happens. Since the tick bite I've suffered more headaches and a migraine while in the hospital,which I havent had in years. I've also had a slight headache for a couple of weeks, but now that I've been on the meds for nearly a week (yep the test was positive) it's fading away. The only reason I mention this is because I truely have come to believe that Lyme disease is under diagnosed as it presents such a broad array of symptoms and can appear to be so many other conditions. And often tick bites go unnoticed. Something to think about which may explain the mysterious headaches.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  4. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Now it's my turn-I will be praying for you. [​IMG]

5. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    MRI's are not fun. I had about 3 of them in one month when I was at Job Corps. For some odd reason I had lost sight in my right eye and they couldn't figure out what had happened. Then they found that my right eye is smaller than my left (considerably smaller but you can't tell by looking at me) and it caused a lot of stress on my eye. So, my body's way of dealing with all that stress was to temporarily ignore signals from my eye. It also causes me a lot of headaches and migraines.

I wish you the best of luck. I hope they don't find anything. Prayers.

6. shadowpaints

shadowpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Rigby, Idaho
    hugs. i have 2 brain mris a year. i have Chiari. i kow how bad migranes are i have them 90 % of the time no fun! i am on Topamx for my migranes and seizures. in a way i hope they find nothing on the mri but in the same way i hope they find what is causing the migranes, i know that when we finally discovered what was causing my migranes and constant pain, i was relieved.

sending lots of prayers. if they dont find anything maybe see a chiropractor, and a acupuncturist? the acupuncture sure helps me with my pain a little!
    let us know how it goes!

7. annaraven

annaraven Born this way

Apr 15, 2010
    SillyCon Valley
    Any updates? [​IMG]

Hope things turned out well!

8. RJ3

RJ3 Out Of The Brooder

May 3, 2011
    Northern wi
    I strongly agree with dkvart1. In my area we have to argue with the drs before they will do a lymes test, my Father ended up with a hugely enlarged heart from having lymes for approx 5 years! He wasnt diagnosed until he asked them to do the test. A year later his heart is functioning at a low normal instead of stage 3 heart failure [​IMG] headaches and migraines are possible symptoms, its definatly worth checking out! Good luck, hope the mri went well.[​IMG]

9. aubreynoramarie

aubreynoramarie designated lawn flamingo

May 27, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    Good luck xxx

10. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by