Retirement and more time to tend to my flock

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Carolines coop, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Carolines coop

Carolines coop Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2013
    Turned in my resignation for retirement today. I will have time to tend my flock and maybe get some more girls for the coop.

2. jgoldy2

jgoldy2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2014
    Colorado
    Yay, congrats enjoy it

3. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

Woooooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!

4. FridayYet

FridayYet Innocent Bystander

Mar 3, 2011
    The Land of Enchantment
    Congratulations! When is your last day?

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Congratulations! [​IMG]

I never believed the people that told me they were busier after retirement than while they still worked. It's true! But it's ok because you get to set your own schedule and do more of what you like and want to do. And that's a good thing!

Enjoy!

6. lazy gardener

lazy gardener True BYC Addict

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Hats off to anyone who can retire! Enjoy!!!!

7. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    I don't think I've stopped moving ever since I retired, and that is a wonderful thing. I had two friends who died suddenly right on the brink of retirement - filled with plans for the future that never got realized. When the opportunity presented itself, I retired early. Wonderful decision for many reasons!

8. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Same thing here. I saw 2 close friends work until late 60-somethings and they got about 10-12 months retirement before passing. As soon as I could take an early retirement, I was out the door. Been busier since quitting the full-time job than I was working full time. Time is one thing no amount of money will buy and we usually never know when our time is up so make the most of what you have!

9. rides2far

rides2far Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2014
    Bakersfield California
    Yep, my husband retired at age 57 after 2 attacks of a fib. A very good friend died on a bike ride right after that, & we decided early retirement was what he should do. Teaching Jr. High for 36 years was enough! I just retired at 61 after 22 years of teaching. My paycheck is small, so I'm going to sub, but I love being retired! We can see the grandkids when we want, go to the Dr/dentist when we want, it's nice. I ride my horses, garden, & play with my chickens. Sweet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by