Reusable Sandwich / Snack Bags - Eco Friendly

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by vfem, Sep 7, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I saw these and wanted them... but couldn't afford them, so I made some for my daughter's snacks and it was pretty easy!
    Made with white muslin, some left over quilting fabric (100% cotton) and the top is velco to keep it sealed closed.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    How did you make that? Is that a drawstring or ziplock style top?
    I bought some off of a friend of mine who used pul fabric and put the vinyl type side on the inside so it could be just wiped clean.
    I think that is such a wonderful idea. You could make some of those and sell them on here. [​IMG]

3. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Sorry I didn't see where you said it was velcro at the top. [​IMG]

4. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    [​IMG] Anything ecofriendly is welcome in my books. [​IMG]

5. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Make one with vinyl in it and a serama on it, and Ill take it!! lol
    Great job! I love that idea! I hate that ziplock bags are not recyclable, tried washing and re-using, but too much of a pain!

6. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I may offer them up far sale sometime, or by order. I've made a couple more for my daughter so far so she could have farm animals and such.

I'm planning on another batch of them as a gift for a friend of mine right now. She calls me a hippy... but she is slowly coming over to the Earth Friendly side. I'll have her hugging trees any day now! [​IMG]

7. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Oooh.. I've done a duck and a pig and a plum (working on a pumpkin) didn't think of a chicken! I'm dumb! LOL

First one I would do is a silky though. [​IMG]

These guys are 100% preshrunk cotton muslin, so they are machine washable and don't need the plastic lining. So into the wash and into the dryer then back into the kitchen drawer.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2009
  8. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I think that is the cutest most practical thing I've seen in along time!!! What a great green idea, kudos to you and I agree with the selling, you probably couldn't make them as fast as you could sell them, good luck, I love it!! [​IMG]

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:[​IMG] Thats cute! Nice job, I like them too!!! [​IMG]

10. Hoosiermomma

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    You ought to try the sandwich wraps too. They aren't hard to make at all. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by