1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

reveiws please

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkielover1731, Apr 11, 2012.

1. silkielover1731

silkielover1731 Chillin' With My Peeps

hello,
    i would like reveiws on these for incubators and what would be the best choice for a breeding program i am going to start up hopefully next year?

1.)Brinsea mini advanced
    2.)brinsea octagon 20 advance
    3.)brinsea ocatagon20 eco auto turn
    4.)brinsea octagon 20 advance eco auto turn

if you have any other incubators please feel free to add them and leave a review

would also like a 5 star review for each

thanks in advance,
    silkielover1731

2. silkielover1731

anyone??????

3. cashdl

cashdl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2008
    Willits
    I think it depends on how many chickens you are planning on hatching at one time. I saved up and bought a Dickeys incubator and a Dickeys hatcher. Now I can hatch up to 100 chicks a week and have. I personally prefer the cabinet incubators, they hold up to almost 300 eggs, because you will always need more room to incubate. The Dickeys are stackable, made out of wood, reliable, and you get to talk to the owner of the company when you call.

Lanae

4. silkielover1731

not that much about up to 20 than selling extras. i want one that i can sit and watch them hatch from all angles too

5. eaglequest

eaglequest Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2011
    Sterling, CO
    We have a Brower Top Hatcher. It's got auto turner and we have done several hatches with chicks, 1 of ducks and 1 with button quail. It seems to work pretty well. My fav parts are the entire top is clear acrylic plastic. So a really good view of the hatching for our kids. It holds up to about 40 chicken eggs. Best part is it's SUPER easy to clean and sanitize. You can even place the main part in the dishwasher! So the cons are the turner...it's a bit finicky. Sort of a wagon wheel type that ever so slowly moves the eggs back and forth. I've had trouble with the turner stopping and have had to moniter it quite a bit. Overall I think it's a pretty good deal for the $$.

6. SierraView

SierraView Chillin' With My Peeps

I like the HovaBator 1588. It holds 42 eggs in the turner, I've been able to cram 60 eggs stacked in there. I like the digital display a lot, and get 100% hatch rate on my own eggs most times. $134.95 at GQFMfg.com

[​IMG][​IMG]

7. silkielover1731

right now i have a hovabator 1602 N its forced air and i have used it one with only one chick to hatch out of it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by