Revenge was mine today GRAPHIC PICS PLEASE BE WARNED

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by okiechick57, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. okiechick57

okiechick57 Chillin' With My Peeps

:eek: Today , in the middle of the afternoon while putting my granddaughter down for a nap , my son bolted into my room and whispered very loudy THE COYOTE WAS ON THE WHEELCHAIR RAMP RIGHT OUT FRONT.....[​IMG] [​IMG]\\ My son had been sitting outside in a hammock IN my front yard..
    [​IMG]
    OH MY GOSH!> he ran got his 22 rifle.........I slipped out of Emmas arms and ran like the dickens. I never heard my Guineas screaming? Broad daylight?again? Got outside to the porch in time to hear one shot fired and to see the coyote move for the last time , he had attacked my Little Missy hen in the front yard,,,,,,,guineas ran and screamed , horse was running wild in pasture,which caught my sons attention, he saw Missy running for her life........looked up at porch and there the coyote was RIGHT next to my front door ! he ran inside while the coyote ran towards the rest of my birds in the backyard, Jason went west, Coyote went east.............. son layed down to aim............coyote headed out of the brush to get the flock POP>one good shot.put an end to him........ Now I never enjoy killing of any kind.but today, I admit I did feel so good seeing this thing done ! So now I know what happened to Mr Roo...... the next pic is afterwards....all the other hens just walked around looking at the dead animal , chatting the whole time,while Missy was screaming her brains out about 30 feet away................ I am so glad she is still with us.....she is my friendliest hen .............[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  2. eggcetra_farms

eggcetra_farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Pat your son on the back! Who knows, that coyote could have gone after you.....

3. HobbyChickener

HobbyChickener Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2007
    central KY
    Great Shot Kid!! that is not an easy accomplishment with a 22. May not be a good thing to kill something in some peoples eyes but there has to be a pecking order.

4. okiechick57

[​IMG] I know uh..........I said,Jason this is a time to celebrate....... he is good shot ! I would have been shaking to bad........took us a while to find her, followed the feather path, finally found her in a the dust bowl...... she actually fell asleep while we were holding onto her to medicate her.I will go put her in the rabbit hutch.........sure hope she is okay .

5. xrayman

xrayman Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2007
    Central IA
    Nice shot!!! To bad about your hen getting tore up. give her a place by herself where she can recover. I haven't had a yote problem this year last year had one. But some buddies and I hunted them pretty hard and took 5 off a 1 mile radius of my place. Unfort, there are alot more to be taken care of.

6. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Please put Graphic Picture on your thread title. Some people don't like seeing dead animals! Just letting you know before you get a hate post.

7. okiechick57

SO SORRY. I MEANT TO PUT GRAPHIC PICS UP.......

8. Grace Boyer

Grace Boyer Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2007
    My hen had wound very similar to the one yours has, same place and everything. I used a little rubbing alchohol on a cotton ball, and there must not be many nerves there, because she didn't seem to feel it. She's back to normal now, so your hen will probably be just fine. I wish I was as good a shot as your son. My hands always shake, even though I've never tried to kill anything. (I would if I needed to, though, I'm definitely not saying you shouldn't have killed it)

9. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:It's ok. I just wasn't expecting it. So much of the tuna sandwich I was eating at the time. [​IMG]

10. jackiedon

jackiedon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Central Arkansas
    Good shot!!! Pat your son on the back.

Does coyotes normally come out during the day? When I was a kid we heard them howl at night.

jackie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by