Rex the Speckled Sussex Rooster seeking new home

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by JodyLJohnson, Dec 31, 2014.

1. JodyLJohnson

JodyLJohnson New Egg

Dec 27, 2014
    Six month old Speckled Sussex rooster needs re-homing. He is a large, beautiful, and nice rooster. Everything one would want in a rooster. He takes great care of the girls, but is very tolerant and nice to people. He also loves supervised free range time and snacks. I cannot keep him as we are in the city limits of our town (rules you know), and I don't want him to go to freezer camp. We are located in Winona, Minnesota. Thanks for your consideration.

[​IMG]

2. btruegs

btruegs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2014
    Spokane WA
    I would love your little guy but i live in city limits of spokane.

3. JodyLJohnson

JodyLJohnson New Egg

Dec 27, 2014
    Thanks, he is a good boy and would probably like the weather there :)

4. btruegs

btruegs Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2014
    Spokane WA
    I just checked spokane valley regulations. looks like you can't have roosters! why?! he looks like a very pretty bird!

5. mandabear

mandabear New Egg

Apr 2, 2014
    I live in central mn and have hunting land down by Houston, so am familiar with the area. Saw your ad on craigslist but figured you'd maybe sold him by now. I'd be interested if you'd be willing to meet somewhere like Rochester. Could probably get him this weekend. I presume he's healthy, no mites, etc? He looks beautiful! I LOVE my sussex hens, been wanting a roo to match.

6. JodyLJohnson

JodyLJohnson New Egg

Dec 27, 2014
    Hello and Happy New Year! My daughter and I are actually going to be in Rochester tomorrow around 12:30pm. I am not sure if that would work for you? Otherwise we could figure out a time to meet. We are also heading to the cities on Saturday, and could route through Rochester. Not sure what time that would be, but probably in the morning. He is a very healthy boy. We have never had any health issues. He is also a relatively quiet rooster. Crows some in the morning, but usually quiet throughout the day and evening. He would be a great addition to your flock, and I would be thrilled that he found a good home. Let me know what works for you. If neither of those times work, we can figure something out. I am very flexible.

Thanks,

Jody

7. mandabear

mandabear New Egg

Apr 2, 2014
    Shoot, up north ice fishing tonight and tomorrow, but I'm wide open on Sat so could meet you anytime. Do you go up 61 through Hastings or would you cut over to 52? I'd be coming from west of New Prague, so would actually work better for me to meet in Hampton or Miesville if you're going through either of those. Sounds like a great bird, would love to have him!

8. JodyLJohnson

JodyLJohnson New Egg

Dec 27, 2014
    Hey, that would be great for Saturday. Miesville would be a perfect place to meet. We would be up there about 9:30am. We could meet in the baseball parking lot if that works for you? Do you have a crate handy to put him in? So glad he will be going to a good home. I think you will be very happy with him. I told Rex central MN is lovely this time of year :) lol.
    We will be driving either a white Audi A6, or a silver Ford Escape. Not sure which will work best yet.

Cheers ~
    Jody

9. mandabear

mandabear New Egg

Apr 2, 2014
    Sounds good, hard to miss the ball fields in Miesville! Though you child blink and miss the rest of the town. I have a dog kennel I'll bring to put him in. He'll get to ride cozy warm in the backseat of my dirty (hey it's winter in mn) grey ford fusion hybrid. See you about 9:30am Sat!

10. JodyLJohnson

JodyLJohnson New Egg

Dec 27, 2014
    That is perfect! See you then :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by