Rex x New Zealand Kits in WA

Empera

Songster
10 Years
Jan 27, 2009
Issaquah, WA
I have a lovely female rex who is pregnant with a guess of 6-9 kits. She's due on the 19th of Feb. and i'm not too sure when they would be ready to be sold.

I'm wondering if anyone is interested on here. They would be selling around 10$

Mother is chocolate brown while the father is pure white. We will re-breed her afterwards with our purebred mini-rex who is broken black.

I live in Renton/Issaquah, Washington state.

smile.png

Last edited:
Do you have pictures of the parents? My husband would kill me if he knew I wanted more rabbits but ours died about 2 months ago. I'm not that far from you either, I live about 5 minutes from Maple Valley.

Why are you breeding a mini rex doe to a NZ buck that is likely twice or more her size? I think your idea of re-breeding to a mini rex is a much better idea. Hope your doe/kits make it through delivery.

Coffeemama: I just purchased her a few days ago, and it was not my choice who she was bred to. & I was told she was a mini rex, but now after looking online at the standards, she seems to be a normal rex.

Bheila: Not of the father because I just got her a few days ago and she has about 3 days until giving birth. But I sure can give you a picture of the mother.

I'll also post a picture of the purebred male that I already own and plan to breed her with.

Thanks.

Well I'm so glad it wasn't you! I also know that accidents can happen in rabbitries, so maybe the other people didn't do it on purpose either. How much does she weigh? She'll be about 4lbs if mini-maybe a little more because of babies.
smile.png

Oh I'm so confused. He said she was a mini-rex and I just weighed her and she's a little over 5 pounds. So I guess she was a mini rex, but I've heard she's been bred with the same buck twice this year with no fatalities.

I'm sure he was deliberately breeding them.
hmm.png

barnie.gif

Well she is a mini then
smile.png
Some people just don't know that you shouldn't do that. I just see alot of pencil kits (babies squeezed into a long thin shape from not fitting in birth canal, that die) with the mini rex breed so it's surprising that a larger breed with her wouldn't result in some of that. It's good that you know she has made it through this breeding before. Can I see a pic of her? Do you have a pic of your mini rex buck?
smile.png

Ohh, i see what you mean.
hmm.png
The guy I purchased her from seemed very honest and was very upset to see her leave. It seemed that he had a large attachment to her, so I don't think he would put her into a situation like that.

Hopefully.

Yes, I have pictures of both the rex buck and the pregnant doe. I never got to see the buck she was bred with.

I'm currently not with my beloved camera to take some pictures of them both, but I'm positive I could get some later today!

smile.png

Oh, & I'm not positive if she is 100& mini-rex because of her fur isn't like the buck we own. It's still extremely soft but not like his.

Pictures.
wee.gif

First two are of the chocolate female. (my camera is horrible, she looks black but is chocolate!)

sm865f.jpg

6qxgs8.jpg

&& Here is the future broken black rex i'll be breeding her with after awhile.

smqfmg.jpg

281x7xi.jpg

big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom