Rhode Isl Red Pair /Buff Orpington Cockerels for sale/ Ext N. Ga

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by speckledhen, May 26, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

These are breeder chicks, not hatchery chicks. The 2 Buff Orps are from Jody (hinkjc) and the RIRs are from Julie(BamaChicken). I know from raising Julie's birds before that these are very dark mahogany red, not orange hatchery red, just gorgeous. And Jody's birds have an excellent rep, as most of you know.
    I will sell one RIR cockerel and one pullet as a pair for $10. No pullets available alone.

Asking $3 each for the cockerels. Pickup/Cash Only, near juncture of TN, NC & GA in GA. BTW, I also have 5 beautiful Welsummer cockerels available, 5 weeks old . Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  2. lilcountry

lilcountry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    Benson, NC
    We took a little vaca in Murphy, NC back in March and I got 3 chicks there, where are you? I would have been close to you then, but just curious.

3. speckledhen

I'm almost IN Murphy, actually. That's where I do most of my shopping. I'm 8/10 of a mile from the NC border.

4. lilcountry

Mar 29, 2008
    Benson, NC
    Yeah I think it took us like 6 hours to get to Murphy [​IMG] I wish, I would really want some. We got some at this local open Market from this guy, one Im pretty sure is a BO and 2 I have been told are either Partridge Rocks or brown leghorn.

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  5. speckledhen

You don't mean that flea market on the corner, do you? The guy in the overalls and baseball cap with the big gut? Omgosh, this was Easter weekend or thereabouts, right? I had a HUGE argument with that idiot. He had 'em in boxes on the ground, right? He was the biggest liar, told me he got his chicks from England [​IMG] I even posted about it on BYC. Here's the link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=40431

6. lilcountry

Mar 29, 2008
    Benson, NC
    Yea I dont think he was wearing a baseball cap, he didnt tell me where they came from he had a chicken catalog but I didnt see from where. Mine turned out pretty good, Ill have to get more recent, closer pics but I like them.

7. speckledhen

At least a few got rescued by a BYCer! That man was a joke. I was hoping alot of those chicks didnt die in a few days from being chilled like that. Too bad you dont live a little closer so you could give a couple of these sweeties a good home, too.

8. lilcountry

Mar 29, 2008
    Benson, NC
    Only one of mine died and it was smaller than my other 3 I just finished skimming that post! I cant believe you were there too that is so weird we were there on the same day b/c I found this site when we got back and I was trying to look up some stuff on them. If I would have known I would have gotten more of them! I only paid 1.50 each

9. lilcountry

Mar 29, 2008
    Benson, NC
    I have two of the ones he said were partridge rocks and I posted pics on here and people debated b/t that and brown leghorn so I still dont know and the other appears to be a BO

10. lilcountry

Mar 29, 2008
    Benson, NC
    Ive never even been to Murphy before we just picked a place my bf and I and my best friend and her bf. Such a small world. I would have gotten more BOs and I cant even remember what the rest were I think brahmas, he would tell us one and show us a pick in the catalog, but when I asked if they were roos or pullets he said 70% of his hens were laying hens, so he kinda made it seem like he had them haha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by