1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Rhode Island Red 9wk old hens

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Fluffy Hens, May 25, 2019.

1. Fluffy Hens

Fluffy Hens In the Brooder

May 12, 2019
    Would anyone like 4 of them? State minimum was 6 to purchase. There were 7 left so I took them. I only really wanted 3. Located in Massachusetts.
    Free ☺ They are loose all day and in at night.

2. gtaus

gtaus Songster

Mar 29, 2019
    Northern Minnesota
    What a generous offer. I live in Minnesota so the drive is out of the question. I hope your girls find a nice home.

Have you posted any notice at your local Farm/Feed stores where people buy chicks? I am sure they would go fast and someone would be very thankful.

IrishLad61 likes this.
  3. Fluffy Hens

May 12, 2019
    Good idea ☺
    Will do.

IrishLad61 and gtaus like this.
  4. Rob0927

Rob0927 Hatching

May 26, 2019
    Are these four hens still available? And if so where are you located in MA?

IrishLad61 likes this.
  5. Fluffy Hens

May 12, 2019
    They found a great home today ☺

sourland likes this.
  6. D-Bar-B

D-Bar-B Songster

Feb 13, 2019
    Texas
    So glad they found a home! I have 2 RIR and love them...but I live in TX so definitely couldn't take yours (and hubby would kill me since I already have 6 hens and 7 6-week old pullets) :celebrate

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: