1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rhode island red? Also am i correct on sexing

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by okiroo, Apr 19, 2016.

1. okiroo

okiroo New Egg

Apr 19, 2016
    [​IMG] Rooster [​IMG] Hen but not 100% sure[​IMG] Hen[​IMG] comb of the not 100%sure hen

2. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    How old are they? They're looking a little young to sex accurately, but I don't see anything shouting cockerel. Can I see a close-up of the one you think is a rooster?

3. okiroo

okiroo New Egg

Apr 19, 2016
    [​IMG][/IMG]Roo. He is much larger than the other two. Stands taller and has larger feet. I'm guessing they are 3-4weeks old

4. okiroo

okiroo New Egg

Apr 19, 2016
    [​IMG]this is the one im not aure about. The feet are the same as the hens as far as size;however, the shape of the comb is more like the roos. It kibda displays both. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    The legs look huge, making me think roo, but that comb... It's not reddish yet. I'm saying possible rooster, watch him for a few weeks, post a new picture so we can confirm once it's older, because obviously I don't want to say hen, and it be a rooster, or rooster and be a hen :lau

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by