Rhode Island Red/Americauna cross rooster. Bredding Question..

SupaChickn

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 26, 2012
Harrison, Ga

PIcked up this rooster at our local Tractor Supply Animal Swap this psat saturday for $3. He is a Rhode Island Red/Americauna cross. i also picked up 2 BIG Rhode Island Red hens....

I am wanting to breed him with these 2 new hens, am am curious if they will keep their RICH dark color or if some Americauna coloring will pop up genetically. Do you think it is worth it? Im hoping since they are all HUGE birds that they will make big offspring, and im partial to the muff on the rooster. hoiping that will come out also.... Info please. Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...98526.479152265453763&type=3#!/CircleWPoultry

I have americauna hens and a RIR rooster. The hens are not laying yet however I am really interested to see what the cross breed makes. I have a blue and gold, black and white and black and gold Americauna.

Just Curious .. what color eggs are they laying? did the blue gene and the brown gene make a olive egg? New to this and was thinking about crossing my Americauna Roo with my bared or Rhode hen something brown to see if it would make a olive color egg. I am VERY new to the whole cross breed thing.

Just Curious .. what color eggs are they laying? did the blue gene and the brown gene make a olive egg? New to this and was thinking about crossing my Americauna Roo with my bared or Rhode hen something brown to see if it would make a olive color egg. I am VERY new to the whole cross breed thing.
The first black hen in the pics does lay light olive color egg and the second black hen lays pink egg

Back
Top Bottom