1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rhode Island Red eggs due to hatch today

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by treasurewood, Sep 11, 2012.

1. treasurewood

treasurewood Out Of The Brooder

Sep 11, 2012
    First time ever doing this... it's my 10 year old daughter's incubator and eggs and we are all very excited.

We had an egg peeping last night (day 21) and during the night it pecked a small hole in the egg and has it's little beak poking out.

There are no other signs of cracking anywhere on the egg and it's been like this now with no movement except opening and closing it's beak and little wobbles for at least the last 7 hours. Do you think it might be stuck?

It's in a manual-turn, fan blowing little incubator and the humidity seems high (lots of moisture on inside walls) and we were turning eggs every day (twice) until day 18.

Thanks!!!

2. treasurewood

Sep 11, 2012
    Please help!! :) I need to know whether to do anything or just leave it... it has been over 10 hours now just sitting there with its beak out...

3. treasurewood

Sep 11, 2012
    14 hours now and it's little beak is still just poking out in the same spot... can I do anything? I think that hatching these eggs is the most stressful thing I have ever done!! lol... Any advice please!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by