rhode island red hen X gold laced wyandotte roo?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by williamsvicki3, May 27, 2010.

1. williamsvicki3

williamsvicki3 In the Brooder

Mar 29, 2009
    Pearl River
    Anyone ever done this cross before? I just hatched some and was just curious what they will look like as adults?

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Crowing

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Just based on genetics,I would guess they would probably have a rose comb, they should be gold/red columbian, kinda like RIRs, but maybe a bit lighter and would probably have varying degrees of incomplete lacing of tick marks all over them similar to the golden quail color.

3. DaKid

DaKid Songster

Aug 31, 2008
    Berkley , Ma.
    RAREROO

rhode island red hen X gold laced wyandotte roo?

williamsvicki3 wrote:
    Anyone ever done this cross before? I just hatched some and was just curious what they will look like as adults?
    Just based on genetics,I would guess they would probably have a rose comb, they should be gold/red columbian, kinda like RIRs, but maybe a bit lighter and would probably have varying degrees of incomplete lacing of tick marks all over them similar to the golden quail color.

yep it's call barn yard mutts:cool: but there are some of the colorful chickens that I have been raising too ,[​IMG]

now I'm starting to rasing pure breed chickens also [​IMG]

4. RainyChicks

RainyChicks In the Brooder

Aug 29, 2012
    I have a Gold laced Wyandotte hen x Rhode island red Roo. She was hard to hand tame, but she's really pretty. Just a little lighter in color and has some yellowy lines in her laces.

5. nicalandia

nicalandia Crowing

Jul 16, 2009
    Right on the money..

6. Mac14

Mac14 Songster

Jul 21, 2012
    Northern California
    Now following this thread! :)

7. RNgrits

RNgrits Hatching

Sep 3, 2013
    I have Rhode Island Red hens and silver laced Wyandotte rooster. What kind if chicks might I get??

8. JennaLynn122

JennaLynn122 Songster

Feb 22, 2014
    Coffee Co. Tennessee
    those are called cinnomon queens i believe.

9. mlpwood

mlpwood Hatching

Feb 7, 2017
    Morgantown, KY
    I know this is an older thread but was wondering if anyone had any information about crossing Rhode Island Reds hen with Gold Laced Wyndotte Rooster. Here is a picture of one of our first generation pullet/hen. We love her color. She's 9 months old. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
    Lovemybirds41 and Elana DeBolt like this.
  10. mlpwood

mlpwood Hatching

Feb 7, 2017
    Morgantown, KY
    Here's a closeup of her back with the black lacing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by