Rhode island red laying white eggs ??

I have 5 month old orpingtons , Brahmas, one Americana, and the two layers right now are my 1.5 yr old reds

I was curious so I did a quick Google search, turns out there are a few reasons that this can happen. Calcium not being absorbed properly, a stressed bird, a sick bird, ect. The article I read stresses that you should not jump to conclusions about what's causing it (so many people try to diagnose their birds with some off the wall disease). I'd wait to see if it continues and in the meantime maybe throw some oyster shell in the coop.

Oyster shell is always supplied in the coop and they are very happy free Rangers... I am bewildered...

How long has this been going on?

I have had brown eggers that laid very light/white-ish eggs from time to time. Not consistently, just like they forgot to apply the brown coating before the egg was passed. It's no biggie.

If it's an ongoing thing, my next question would be, is the egg white-white, like a grocery store egg, or creamy beige? If ti's not stark white, it's within the normal variation of brown egg layers.

Back
Top Bottom