Rhode Island Red Pullet in Concord, NEW HAMPSHIRE area

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by Jennyfrmthblock, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Jennyfrmthblock

Jennyfrmthblock Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2013
    We have a sweet darling who landed at the bottom of our flock's pecking order. She was denied access to food, became very thin and stopped laying, but continued to brood on the clutch laid by the others. They did not take this well and brutally attacked her one day about six weeks ago. We brought her in and have nursed her back to full health. She is even laying again! We tried reintroducing her now that she is more robust, but they pinned her down within minutes and she was not willing to fight back. Reluctantly, we have to face the fact that she needs a new home. Please reply if you're interested. Thank you!

2. deerchic2

deerchic2 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2014
    I am interested I have 6 Rhode island reds that are very friendly,,, but how do I get her? I am disabled[​IMG] these are my girls I got them when they were 2 days old, they just turned 9 months

3. deerchic2

deerchic2 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2014
    [​IMG] I do have room for another one

4. Jennyfrmthblock

Apr 3, 2013
    Thanks, but we can only transport her locally.

5. Tara K

Tara K Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2013
    Salem MA
    Do you have a pic of her? I'm in MA

6. Tara K

Jun 23, 2013
    Salem MA
    And how old is she?

7. Jennyfrmthblock

Apr 3, 2013
    She is about a year and a half old, so technically she isn't a pullet I guess, but a hen now. She stopped laying for several months, so she will continue to lay for some time. I will get a few pics of her this evening!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2014
  8. Jennyfrmthblock

Apr 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

9. Jennyfrmthblock

Apr 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

10. Tara K

Jun 23, 2013
    Salem MA
    See if anyone else steps up first as I don't need another chicken lol, I have all silkies and one 6 month old barred rock pullet. If no one does I will be willing to take her for you. Either I will keep her or I have a friend that takes in any and all rescue chickens;)

Tara

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by