Rhode Island Red Pullet

rvrseaotter

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2018
I live in the Waynesville/Asheville area and would like to find one 4-6 week old Rhode Island Red pullet. Please let me know if you have or know someone who has one available. Thank you!

ValerieJ

Straw parade on snow day
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jul 24, 2016
Washington State
Hi! :frow Welcome to BYC! Why just one? I think you might have better success if you post in your state thread. Best way I know of to do that is to search forums with your state name. Good luck!:fl

rvrseaotter

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2018
Thank you! I didn't realize there were ones by State. Crazy story about just one...we have "community dogs" on the mountain where I live. They tend to stay with us most of the time. A few weeks ago, the female came home with something in her mouth and put it down in front of us. It was a 3-4 week old chick. We don't have a clue where it came from and it was completely uninjured. Right now it's with my ducklings and is beginning to believe it is a duckling. She stays with them everywhere they go and does not try to fly or roost. She needs a chicken friend. :)

rvrseaotter

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2018
Well to add to the story - I just rehomed a flock I had about six months ago...trying to downsize. I decided to just stay with ducks. We think she believes we lost our chicks so she was bringing the one home she found! :) I missed having them and was thinking of just having a couple...so here we go again! :)

Ducksandchickens

Free Ranging
Apr 24, 2018
North Western Ohio
Thank you! I didn't realize there were ones by State. Crazy story about just one...we have "community dogs" on the mountain where I live. They tend to stay with us most of the time. A few weeks ago, the female came home with something in her mouth and put it down in front of us. It was a 3-4 week old chick. We don't have a clue where it came from and it was completely uninjured. Right now it's with my ducklings and is beginning to believe it is a duckling. She stays with them everywhere they go and does not try to fly or roost. She needs a chicken friend. :)
Aw! Hope the little birdie finds a good home

Top Bottom