Rhode Island Red sex check, please

Slow responding, sorry! To one question above - yes, high intake shelters I believe are required to take any animal brought in. At least ours is. They regularly get goats, chickens, ducks, etc. I know that at least on one occasion they had 2 alligators. If you contact the rescue coordinator they can definitely put you on a list to contact if chickens come in. I do pit bull rescue so shelters contact me all the time :(

Good news on my boys tho! I was able to send them to a farm in Kansas that I'd gotten my other little girls from. They're living the high life and meeting chicks, hah. Made the rehorming much easier. I did find out that we can have roosters just not within 300 feet of another residence. That wasn't going to work here :(

I also got new girls in the exchange - 2 New Hampshire and 2 RIR. I also got another Bantam to keep Claudia Bing company but I can't remember breed. I found out that Claudia is a Raraucana (sp?) tho. I'll post a pic of the new girl soon, named her Phyllis Catriona Dinklage. She's very short and very funny.

Slow responding, sorry! To one question above - yes, high intake shelters I believe are required to take any animal brought in. At least ours is. They regularly get goats, chickens, ducks, etc. I know that at least on one occasion they had 2 alligators. If you contact the rescue coordinator they can definitely put you on a list to contact if chickens come in. I do pit bull rescue so shelters contact me all the time
sad.png

Good news on my boys tho! I was able to send them to a farm in Kansas that I'd gotten my other little girls from. They're living the high life and meeting chicks, hah. Made the rehorming much easier. I did find out that we can have roosters just not within 300 feet of another residence. That wasn't going to work here
sad.png

I also got new girls in the exchange - 2 New Hampshire and 2 RIR. I also got another Bantam to keep Claudia Bing company but I can't remember breed. I found out that Claudia is a Raraucana (sp?) tho. I'll post a pic of the new girl soon, named her Phyllis Catriona Dinklage. She's very short and very funny.

oh thanks ill ring today, oh well done
thumbsup.gif
at least now you've got some great hens. Id love to see some pics

I posted an album on my profile of all my "kids". Here's my funny little bantam girl, Dink.

Back
Top Bottom