Rhode Island Reds and Speckeled Sussex Wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BoBear, Jul 10, 2010.

1. BoBear

BoBear New Egg

May 30, 2010
    Tallassee, Alabama
    I am looking for some Rhode Island Red laying hens. I'm trying to avoid going to the auctions. Need about 6. Would be great if they are already laying or getting close to starting. Willing to travel a little. Also if anyone has any Speckeled Sussex hens and roosters. We had a Sussex that my wife fell in love with. She would follow my wife around the yard like one of the kids. I would like to either get a couple of hens or maybe a trio to start rasing some of our own. I live in Central Alabama. CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP?

Thanks!
    Brian:D

2. Ms.FuzzyButts

Ms.FuzzyButts Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2009
    North Alabama
    I don't have what you are looking for. Sold them already. Guess I need to change my signature line. But as a side note: Please read the forum rules. It is against policy to spam people looking for things. Good luck in your search though!

3. arherp

arherp Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    I have chicks available, I could deliver to Birmingham or Prattville.

4. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Hi I can only help with hatching eggs, at present for both these breeds, but if you need some babies down the road, I'll be glad to set a hatch for you. Thanks and happy hunting.
    Have a blessed day. Nancy

5. odphi18

odphi18 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2009
    San Antonio
    Hey Nancy,

I have been trying to get ahold of you if you see this post or if anyone knows nancy can you please PM me back. Its been about a week and i leave for texas the 14th.

6. Murphys2009

Murphys2009 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 1, 2010
    Wright, WY
    I have adult Speckled Sussex.

7. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Hey Brian, when you contacted me you asked about 6 heritage RIR hens....nope, I still don't have that many hens but I do have a pair of my breeders that are available. They are currently laying fertile eggs. Or, I will have a few chicks hatching soon. PM me if you are interested.

Claudia

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by