Rhode Island Reds Need to know how many roosters I have

crankyyanky1

In the Brooder
May 23, 2016
You have all heard this before but I am new at Chickens I have 4 Rhode Island Reds and 4 Leghorns the RRR were a straight run so I am not sure what I have and I am like a kid at christmas I can't wait til one crows to know LOL There are about 8 weeks old I know one is def a Rooster and I think there is a 2nd but I am hoping the other 2 are Hens.

I was going by what tractor supply said they were, they are cute and really friendly I can deal with 2 roosters but hopefully not 3
Understand that TSC isn't always accurate with the information they give out
roll.png
(I've been duped by them before), if you get individual pictures of them we can say for sure how many you have.

Last edited:
I realize you are right, They have told me a few wrong things. Hopefully these pics are a little better it is hard to take pics of chicks! I was looking at New Hampshires & of course you guys are right they look just like them!

By the way while I am asking since the Reds were wrong are the white ones Leghorns or did they give me more bad info?

The whites do look like leghorns. If their earlobes turn white as they mature, for sure they are leghorns. I am starting to get a gut feeling that those reds may be Red Rangers (meat birds) rather than New Hampshires. This year my local TSC has consistently had mislabeled chicks.

The whites do look like leghorns. If their earlobes turn white as they mature, for sure they are leghorns. I am starting to get a gut feeling that those reds may be Red Rangers (meat birds) rather than New Hampshires. This year my local TSC has consistently had mislabeled chicks.
OMG do you mean they won't be laying hens? Are you kidding me!!!
somad.gif

Back
Top Bottom