Rhode Island Reds pullets?

MrsLahman

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
Lachine, MI
I bought them as 'pullets'... so why is one not growing a comb? Slow developer or mistaken gender? I have hear of people buying chicks and not getting what they paid for. (month and a half old)

ellie32526

Songster
7 Years
Oct 21, 2012
North Texas
I bought them as 'pullets'... so why is one not growing a comb? Slow developer or mistaken gender? I have hear of people buying chicks and not getting what they paid for. (month and a half old)

I could be wrong but looks like to me that you have two roosters and 1 pullet. Guess which one is a girl.

sourland

Broody Magician
Premium member
10 Years
May 3, 2009
New Jersey
The one to the right is not showing much comb development because she is probably a pullet. The other two pictured are more likely cockerels.

randys

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
New York
Two cockerels and a pullet. I also bought four RIRs from agway and ended up with two cockerels. Was not happy, I can't have roos.

ellie32526

Songster
7 Years
Oct 21, 2012
North Texas
Two cockerels and a pullet. I also bought four RIRs from agway and ended up with two cockerels. Was not happy, I can't have roos.
Those who don't know how to sex chicks should just tell you they are straight run and charge less. If we pay more for pullets we expect them to be able to lay eggs.

Top Bottom