Rhode Island White ????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by WindyOaksYokes, Sep 2, 2007.

1. WindyOaksYokes

WindyOaksYokes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Okay, I was just looking at "Ideals" website... you know dreaming about next years order LOL... I came across these Rhode Island Whites... Can anyone give me any information on them??? Does anyone have them??? Any info would be appreciated... Thanks
    Tes

2. Happyhenz

Happyhenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2007
    Canberra Australia
    Hi i have owned RIW and found them to be the same as the reds.
    If you cross red with white RI you will get ISA browns which are no classed as a breed of their own rather than a hybrid.

3. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Rooster... I could not access site... but in all actuality... I really would like personal input of those that have or do own them. But would like to see the site that you are trying to show me... Thanks

Ummm ISA??? sorry... still new and trying to figure out some of these initials. Thanks for the info...
    Tes

4. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    The ISA in ISA Browns stands for Institut de Sélection Animale, a French genetics company that developed the breed for battery use.

5. WindyOaksYokes

Jul 17, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Thanks Mac!!! [​IMG]

6. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Just keep in mind the the rooster needs to be RED and the hen white for the sex-link cross to work. [​IMG]

7. Happyhenz

Happyhenz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 15, 2007
    Canberra Australia
    Having owned them i would say they are nice quiet birds good layers average meat birds.
    Even temperament no major issues with aggression from roos.
    Never had any problems with them.
    Bred fairly often and hens sat and bought out chicks with no help.

Cheers Happyhenz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by