1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rhode Island Whites, Buckeyes...

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by DanverGuy, Jan 12, 2009.

1. DanverGuy

DanverGuy Out Of The Brooder

Jan 8, 2009
    Anyone know where I can find quality breeders of these two types of birds? I'm looking for better quality birds rather than just hatchery style. Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks! ~DanverGuy

2. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

Rhode Island Whites are tough. Some people insist that no such bird exists. They are supposed to have a rose comb but most of the hatcheries have them as single combs. If you want nice "so-called-RIWs", Duane Urch has them.

Urch/Turnland Poultry
    2142 NW 47 Ave.
    Owatonna, MN 55060
    507-451-6782
    Call between 7pm and 9pm CST

3. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
  4. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:OMG, he has African Geese too!!! I want some SO badly!! **dies**

5. C&B Black Copper Marans

C&B Black Copper Marans New Egg

Dec 17, 2008
    Hey, Clyde here from North Texas.. I have Rose Comb Rhode Island Whites.. They are the large size original breed admitted to the standards in the early nineteen hundreds.. The single comb RIW that most people have are just like white rocks..I am hatching more birds at this time.. I will have extra eggs soon in limited quanities of up to a dozen.. I will list them on Ebay soon... I don't have a price set yet but if someone wants some I will send 10 eggs and include free priority shipping for $30.00.. email me at [email protected] if you want to get on my list.. so far my list has 0 people so you could be first.. I will accept pay pal or postal money orders..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by