1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Rhodey is 13 wks. old and HUGE! ~PICS!~

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gumpsgirl, Jun 16, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Rhodey is my RIR rooster that is 13 wks. old now. I can't believe how big he has gotten! He is such a good boy and is getting gorgeous, but of course I'm partial! I'm anxious to see how big he does get. [​IMG]

He is on my 12 year-olds shoulder here.
    [​IMG]

Such a good boy to pose for the camera!
    [​IMG]

Running away to check on all of his girls!
    [​IMG]

2. lovemychicks9

lovemychicks9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    He is so beautiful--- what are you feeding him Miracle Start and Grow?> He really is big and I bet he will make beautiful chicks. Trudy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. FisherMOM

FisherMOM Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    Bergen, NY
    WOW!! He is gorgeous! Well I hope ROSE ends up like him! (seeing as I have to adjust to Rose being a Roo)

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Wow, he's big! My black orp is about that big, it's amazing! I have Jersey Giants that are supposed to be big, and if they get bigger, I'll have to worry about being eaten by a giant chicken. [​IMG]

5. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Thank you all! I'm very pleased with the way he is turning out. [​IMG]

You are the second person who has asked that same question about what I'm feeding him, lovemychicks9! [​IMG]

6. jmburnzy

jmburnzy Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    Townsend
    Wow...what a beautiful RIR...ours are just 8 weeks...I can not beleive how fast they grow either...its amazing...we have some silkies about the same age and there tiny..

http://www.jaka.com/Chickens.htm

7. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

What a pretty boy!!! If he grows into those feet you'd better hope he stays very tame!! LOL Can't wait to see what he looks like "all grown up"!

Lori

8. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:That is exactly why we make sure that we hold him EVERY DAY! [​IMG] I believe he's going to be one very large roo!

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    He is certainly a handsome boy. You think he is big? Wait until some of your bbs orp boys grow out. He will not look so big any more. LOL

10. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:LOL! Those boys will all have to be kept away from my RIR hens! I've just seen Rhodey's brother and he is twice the size of his brother. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by