Rhodie just laid her first egg tonight at 5:45PM!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by CALI CHICK, Jan 24, 2012.

1. CALI CHICK

CALI CHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Rio Linda, CA
    Rhodie labored in the nest box for a couple hours, but finally laid her first egg. She stood traumatized (as in the first photo) for five minutes, before starting the egg song. Rhodie is a 23 week old Rhode Island Red.

Are RIR eggs always pink and speckled like hers, or is it just because it's her first? The eggs in the back are from the BO.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. chick007

chick007 secretagent chickenman

Sep 25, 2011
    anchorage, alaska
    congrats on her first egg. my br's gave me a nice b-day present, got six out of 14 today. been getting one or two. they just turned 22 weeks

3. CALI CHICK

CALI CHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Rio Linda, CA
    Wow, so you had four new egg layers today on your birthday? Well, you definately have enough eggs to make yourself a big cake!
    [​IMG]HAPPY BIRTHDAY

4. chick007

chick007 secretagent chickenman

Sep 25, 2011
    anchorage, alaska
    wont say four, maybe two been getting two every day and soft shelled one every other day, so guessing two newbees. making cookies and icecream for bday. cant wait to see what tomorrow brings. congrats on yours again. she will probably settle into one color soon, first few vary in color. once they get going, you will be able to tell who lays what.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by